Equinox Centre for Natural Health
The Equinox Centre for Natural Health strives to provide excellence in comprehensive, integrated health care for people of all ages. We offer a unique team approach to provide you with the best opportunity to improve and maintain your health.
The Equinox Centre was founded by Anke Zimmermann, B. Sc., ND, FCAH in 1994.There are currently eight practitioners at the centre, including:
- five naturopathic doctors, including specialists in classical homeopathy, detoxification, intravenous therapies and natural allergy elimination
- an acupuncturist with over 25 years of experience
- a registered nutritionist who also conducts electrodermal testing for food and environmental sensitivities
- a registered massage therapist who specializes in Matrix Repatterning, a gentle and effective structural realignment technique
- a deep tissue body sculpturing therapist
- a spiritual psychotherapist
- a counselor, specializing in Emotional Freedom Technique
Multiple factors affect health and disease, including such things as nutrition, stress, traumatic events and injuries, allergies and others. It is usually necessary to address several or all of these factors in order to completely eliminate a health problem.
Naturopathic doctors are trained to conduct comprehensive assessments, which examine all of these factors and their effects on your health or illness. Naturopathic doctors are able to diagnose and determine which treatment, or combination of treatments would best suit your specific needs.
Each naturopath has an area of expertise, but may decide that other health care specialists might be required to maximize your health, not unlike a family medical doctor who refers to specialists as needed. At the Equinox Centre your naturopathic doctors work closely with other health care providers to optimize your health. Your health and well-being are important to us and we would be pleased to be of service to you.